Accepted Falsely banned.

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by turtlesb, Jan 2, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turtlesb

turtlesb Member

IGN:
    TVstation
    Punished account name: dwky
    Platform or server punished on: economy
    Ban message if applicable: "lowballing, under investigation"
    Have you read the rules? yes i did read the rules.
    Do you think this punishment was incorrect? yes i think this punishment was incorrect, i've been buying the "new year ball 2024" from a few newer players and also got alot gifted by my friends. but apparently i got reported for "scamming" while i did nothing wrong. i messaged oaki on discord about it and he calls it scamming because i offered prices way under the regular price, but i dont see that as scamming since they could have easily said "no i dont wanna sell" and how is offering a price scamming its not like i lied to them about what the heads was worth cause if they would have asked me i would have told them honestly. offering prices under the real price is normal thats what happens in real life aswell so i dont see what i did wrong.
    Why should you be unbanned? I dont think offering a price is considered scamming cause thats how economy works in real life aswell. you buy something for cheap and resell it for more.
    Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: "island farming"
    If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: OakiiDoakie/GangstaPancake
    Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? Yes i understand the rules and code of conduct, but once again i dont think i'm in the wrong. Buying something for cheap and "scamming" are two different things especially since i never lied about what the head was worth, if they would have asked me what the head was worth i would have told them honestly.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  2. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    First, I'd love to state the scamming rule

so you can read the definition yourself.

SCAMMING
    Scamming is the act of one player suggesting a trade to another and either a) taking the items and leaving or b) completing the trade, but having ripped the other player off. To prevent scamming from occurring, it is highly recommended that a Staff Member watches over your trade and confirms the trade with all parties. If a Staff Member is unable to watch the trade, if possible, trade via tradeshop (click here for a tutorial on tradeshops), record the entirety of the trade (must include the agreement on the deal and the deal must be shown along with the items being thrown and the other player taking them and leaving) or take a series of screenshots (also including the agreement on the deal and the deal must be shown along with the items being thrown and the other player taking them and leaving).

This would for instance be, offering new players ridiculously low amounts for their rares, as in your case. You offered 30k for something worth ~650k - 800k.

I could continue by stating what you said in our Dms on discord.

"offering is not scamming bro?"
    "i didnt took advantage, they also could have told me no..."
    "how am i ridicolous? i didnt gave them a fake price, if they would have asked me what it was worth i would have told them the price."
    "thats called business, people buy it cheap and sell it high. thats literally what everyone does on the server."
    First of all, business isn't being a greedy person offering low amounts to users who are unaware, that would just be viewed as idiotic, rude, and non-trustworthy. You saying "offering is not scamming", it is scamming as you can see from the rules. Furthermore, how can a new player say no if you convince them as the more experienced player that they're worth 30k, by offering them 30k. New players trust the more experienced ones.

Your opinion doesn't really matter to be fair, you comply following the rules of skyblock as everyone else which you seem to have failed to do by obtaining 28 New Year's balls for a price of 30k. Additionally, again offering people 25x less than what items are worth in real life is certainly not economy, that's just straight up poor behavior, and it would've been seen as scummy in real life as well :)
    Furthermore, you didn't buy for cheap and resold for more, you sold for unreasonable prices and sold for x25 times the value (not just more).

Please try to explain from this information why you should be unbanned

3. turtlesb

turtlesb Member

IGN:
    TVstation
    I would like to state that from the 33 i totally have, only a few are bought from players and the other 28 or so are from friends who i asked to join the server to give them to me which isn't against the rules right? because before i did asked my friends to join to get their gift, i even confirmed that with luka if it was allowed and it was. After reading ur explaination and translating it with google translate since im not english, i agree that it was indeed scummy and dumb to do and i would like to apologize for that. I'm also a new player myself aswell so how am i supposed to know the prices if there aren't standard prices for anything some people say 150k some people say 5 million so its hard to believe whats the real price, i'm also not trying to say that what i did was good since after translating it i indeed was wrong. but i also would like to point out then that u tried to "lowball/scam" me aswell by offering me 200 - 300k for an item that is worth 600 - 850k (your own words). All the people that reported/complained can be refunded with their gift in exchange for a refund of my money since i realize my mistake. I hope that i can get unbanned since i really like to spent my freetime on the server as u can probably see at my playtime. I will also promise that i will more likely behave better and more fair towards newer players since i now learned from my mistake.

4. turtlesb

turtlesb Member

IGN:
    TVstation
  5. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    If you could help out with refunding the balls, and giving money back (would require your in game logs). I could unban you as you seem to understand your mistake. Furthermore, I offered you 200-300k for a placed one, although, that does not matter at the time being. If you're willing to cooperate in returning the items, I can let you back in game

message me on Discord on how we will proceed.

6. turtlesb

turtlesb Member

IGN:
    TVstation
    Giving money back? i never sold any of the heads. i only bought them. and yes im willing to cooperate to everyone who was unfairly treated in exchange for the money i paid for it.

7. luka

luka macdondalds Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Handled through discord

8. luka

luka macdondalds Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Thank you for creating an appeal, your appeal has been accepted!
    Please make sure that you read our rules here before continuing on as normal!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.