EmyDances8's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Emy, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    Attached is my staff application! I appreciate any feedback, negative or positive! Thank you for reading my post! Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night!

Edit: Changed from pdf to jpeg
    Edit 2: One of the photos duplicated so I removed it.
    Edit 3: When you read this back after months and realized u forgot to add Irish as a known language XD (I also have 2 cats now and have graduated high school! and I'm 19) EmyDances8's Staff Application_00001.jpg EmyDances8's Staff Application_00002.jpg EmyDances8's Staff Application_00003.jpg

• Support Support x 16
    • Neutral Neutral x 5
    • No Support No Support x 4
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Why is it a PDF?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    My concern is the same with Pillow too.

Have you enabled 2FA on your forum account yet? Should be in your trophies.
    Screenshot 2023-07-29 204734.png

4. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    I am so sorry for the inconvinence! It should be fixed now!

5. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    I enabled it right before I made this post. Maybe it hasn't shown up yet? Thank you for letting me know! I also changed the format to jpeg!

6. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Ain't reading all that, but I see dog wearing a suit so I support.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Wo, Emy it’s nice to see you applying again. I’m very neutral for now. Although, I want to let you know that you’re doing great interacting with others in game!
    I think you should focus on getting more active on forums as well as discord as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    Thank you for the advice and the kind words! I will work on those qualities!

9. luka

luka macdondalds Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Overall a nice looking application Emy! I'm going to stick to neutral for now. Maybe try to engage with the community a bit more. I see you've been more active on the forums, which is great, but not so much on our discord. Stepping into the role of a staff member requires a sound knowledge of all the platforms and also a connection with the community of all the platforms.

For those who are concerned over the 2FA trophy, I believe that is bugged. Will confirm with Dex.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    Thank you for the feedback! I do try and stay active on the discord but I find it hard to insert myself into conversations. I will try to do better!

11. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Yeah of course. Once you start to know all the other people it will get easier!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. AJZZ987

AJZZ987 Active Member

IGN:
    AJZZ987
    No support. Inactive on Eco upload_2023-7-30_8-12-1.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    Just for confirmation, the trophy is bugged now, and we cannot manually award it. Staff can see whether or not a user has 2FA enabled, so please let this be a message to anyone concerned, not to be.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    Thank you for confirming! I really appreciate it!

15. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    +1 point for not copying Oaks format
    +1 point for dog in suit
    -3 points for inactive on eco

neutral :)

16. SuperCoolWimp

SuperCoolWimp Active Member

i think u have 1 of yo slides duplicated in the middle yo n also i dont really like this image format crap for helper applciations that 90% of people seem to be doing now cuz it makes it a rly bad reading experience imo so im neutral for problems butr u is a nice person dawg so perhaps i will support yo someday,.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    Thank you for pointing the slide out. I appreciate it!

The reason I picked to make it like this is because I felt like it showed my personality more, but I can see why you do not like it.

I understand. I will try and be more active on eco, but I am never really motivated to play it like I am skyblock :(
    Thank you for the feedback!

(P.S: Ava (the dog in the suit) Is the best! That is a build a bear Ravenclaw uniform XD. She is so photogenic!)

I understand. I will try and be more active on eco, but I am never really motivated to play it like I am skyblock :(
    Thank you for the feedback!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2023
  18. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    I really don’t see how the application is displayed matters. She wrote an application and submitted it. It shouldn’t matter if it is a picture or a text, if the picture bothers you, you are not obligated to read it.

Neutral for now. I would like to see more engagement on Discord and economy, even if you cannot get into economy or feel it’s hard to engage in discord, I feel these are just as crucial for you to be active & knowledgeable in.

Just so you are aware as well, you are able to reply to multiple posts in one comment so that way you can avoid triple posting (as this is against the rules). Keep up the work you’ve put in so far & I think you’ll be great

19. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    I had no idea you could do that thank you so much! Ill work on what you have suggested

20. woahitsaustin

woahitsaustin Helper Helper

IGN:
    woahitsaustin
    Im going to go ahead and support and shift the focus here a bit but I have a few things to say. You asked me for advice before you even posted this on if I think you'd be a good applicant, I understand peoples neutral rating but with that being said. I think even asking that based off how you replied to my suggestions, shows your willingness to change and your willingness to show up and out for the community where it matters, I agree with others however, Id like to see you on Eco more as its VITAL to being a staff member, even if you "can't" get into it, You have to understand the mechanics but based off our conversation I have confidence in supporting this application and going off a whim here because I truly do believe you have the right mindset regarding these things, You didn't get mad or defensive you were just accepting of what I said, so I truly believe if you want the support, youre gonna have to show up and show out a bit more for eco, Next I said things about ur discord activity, I believe that you'll do this as ive been holding out a bit to see your behavior after the convo, Ive seen you more on discord, engaging with the community and putting yourself out there more and the confidence that is required to do that is a trait I think all staff should have, As we look towards the future, I want to see these things become more and more true, Saying it is one thing but doing it is another, I have confidence in this statement when I say I think youre willing to change more so for the betterment of the server and not your own agenda! Prove me right Emy! Id love to see you join the server team in a few months when you worked on these things, I think your activity, your kindness and want to help people is important and there's a few things everyone could learn from you! Keep it up and work on these things and I think you'll see these no supports and neutrals turn to supports in no time, I promise you when I say people are gonna be watching and waiting and looking for ya to change they are, but they're also gonna see that change and time goes on and if anything those changes are nothing but beneficial to your application! I know this was a lot to read but for anyone who didn't want to
    TLDR: I'm supporting, I agree with what was said but I think Emy will be willing accept these changes and once she does she will be an amazing applicant!
    Have a good day Emy! I look forward to seeing what the future holds for you