Economy COMING SOON:almost one full year later... yet nowhere to be seen

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by CraftWithAbbie, Apr 2, 2024.

1. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Soooooo, about the spawner shop on economy..

Are we ever getting these spawners??
    I remember both beta tests well over a year ago now where spawners were introduced and worked awesomely. Survival gets them already, so what is holding up the economy spawners in /shop?

Last update I had was last summer, and it was left at " *certain staff* was meant to price them up for the shop before releasing them."

So what gives lol. Will economy ever see these spawners, will we ever be able to create some fun uniquely awesome mob farms ?

This late into the update what with everyone focusing on crop hopper farms, there isn't really much left to do with this update other than false broken promises of tax going back towards community and mob areanas not happening. At least let us trial the new spawners lol.

Someone needs to bring this up otherwise at this point we aren't getting half of the update that was promised to us

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  2. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    So, some of my thoughts on which spawners could be added:

Proposed spawners for economy

Hostile spawners:

Zombie 500k
    Spider 750k
    Skeleton 1m
    Creeper 1m
    Pigzombie 10m
    Magmacube 5m
    Blaze 5m
    Enderman 4m
    Gaurdian 15m

Passive spawners:

Pigs: 150k
    Chicken 750k
    Cow 2.5m
    Sheep 5m
    Horse (with bones added) 7m
    Mushroom cow (brown and red) 10m
    New - Squid, glow squids at certain y level 2.5m

Fish spawner (dependant on biome, river for cod salmon, warm ocean for tropical) 2.5m

Open for other suggestions, these are just what I think could work well

3. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    My thoughts.

Leave existing passive spawners as they are.
    Especially if the /kit spawner is to continue to only give pigs spawners.
    At $60, that is not a cheap kit and with the introduction of other spawners, the kit will likely become worthless. This will probably happen anyway even if only hostile spawners are added, so /kit spawner should be carefully considered. It costs the same on SB but is very different as spawners can be changed easily and often on SB.
    The fact that the same kits on the different servers cost the same has never made sense.

The other spawners that are only available through lucky crates should not be purchasable. The prices that you have quoted are current prices and they are only that price because they are difficult to obtain and require epic or legendary keys which means spending real money in most cases.

What ever happens with hostile spawners, I urge staff to think long and hard on any decision that is made. Keep in mind that the high priced spawners that are in the game now, are there because players have spent a lot of money. And I mean well into the thousands! They should always be the most valuable.

Creeper loot sells for more than Mooshroom loot and Mooshrooms require shearing and cooking first.
    The price suggested here for a creeper spawner is 1/10th of the suggested Mooshroom price. Now I know that's just a suggestion but it's an example of what needs to be considered.

Personally, I think it might even be too late to introduce new spawners without causing great upset. Perhaps /warp hostile is a better option.

The other thing Noobcrew will likely want to consider is that making spawners purchasable in game will make Legendary keys far less valuable and that will likely affect future sales.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  4. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    My prices are mostly based on I'm game currently, and estimated values. The prices in shop could increase drastically to validity the crate spawners, my suggested ones are more about the types of spawner. I'll leave the dynamic price range to others to choose lol

5. gamer988

gamer988 Member

IGN:
    gamer988
    Yeah I've been holding off playing economy and not coming back really as end game is mostly just melon farms (which don't leave a lot of creativity). If I remember from the betas, the spawners worked but most of the mob AI was broken (don't think that ever got fixed) so that'd likely need to be fixed first. I'm pretty sure from some recent KhalDrogo's posts its been seen that there's likely no devs for the server right now so I don't think its coming anytime soon

I like those price suggestions and that'd fit well with how everything works right now. Hopefully they get it sorted out but I'm a little doubtful it'll ever be added lol

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  6. Zedrich

Zedrich Active Member

Hostile mob spawners being a /shop purchaseable item by any player with the currency needed will solve A LOT of the TPS issues that Economy server has, by getting rid of the massive flusher constructions that many players have made, while allowing those same dark room mob flusher structures to be an option for players who cannot afford them yet. (Within reason, of course)

It also solves some of the more troublesome logistical problems that are suffered in regards to items that can be farmed with specific mobs. Creeper = discs being one example, and frogs + magmacubes = froglights being another. There's also the elimination of the need to make massive item sorter arrays for all the mobs, since have only a specific mob spawn in a specific grinder makes it so that only specific mob drops drop in them.

The other thing is the pricing. That, i do not have a clear answer to at the moment, as it is a difficult matter to balance them in regards to how the existing ones are being obtained currently (as of 2024/5/5) and might address those in a later post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ace_

ace_ Active Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    i think this will still take a while.. but i like the idea!

8. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Hey, as mentioned in a previous post a former super moderator was working on a price list for those spawners however there were a lot of issues with said list. First of all she estimated the value by manually farming each spawner type for an hour in a box made out of black wool and then calculating the worth of the collected items which then got multiplied by a certain value. This was obviously a really inefficient and inconsistent method of obtaining accurate data. Another big issue was that this has been measured on 1.12 and on the dev server - not the live server resulting in even more inconsistencies. Lastly the entire document got lost after said super moderator got demoted so there is really nothing left to work with.

On a positive note Slagomizer offered to calculate the accurate value of each spawner type on 1.19.2. I contacted Noobcrew on September 6th 2023 informing him that she'd be willing to do so and he confirmed that he'd be fine with it on the same day. Later that day I sent the provided document to him. I sent it to him again on September 10th 2023, on September 22nd 2023, on November 2nd 2023 and it has been brought up again on the 15th of December 2023. To this day he didn't take a look at it - at least as far as I know.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
  9. Kittykat713

Kittykat713 Member

IGN:
    Kittykat713
    So no spawners for eco!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ace_

ace_ Active Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    could be, but it'll be a couple years or until they get a new dev.

11. CraftWithAbbie

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    I was fortunate to test both betas back on my apples account and was able to trial some of the new spawners available. I felt at the time the prices were steep, but given the value and rarity of current spawners, I feel the prices would suit the current economy. In conversation with luka recently he suggested about creating a forums post and gathering players feedback on what type of spawenrs and what prices would be a good idea, and I feel with this new information with a wider range of views and opinions,it could be worth a try again. If there's possibility of another beta server to test out spawner rates, that's something too I'd be willing to test out by trialing different /sell commands and warp prices, amongst what I feel would work well with the price range in game currently. The beta server could be capped at 18tps as an average for tps drops as an idea

12. Jolol_

Jolol_ Active Member

IGN:
    Jolol_
    i am hyped for this!