Close server suggestion forums until server is able to act on them.

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by KhalDrogo, May 4, 2024.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    In game we see continual messages for players to put forward suggestions and so we do but as it has long been suspected and now, all but confirmed, none of these suggestions are going to be acted on.
    I suggest these forums be closed until such time as there is any chance that the can be actioned.
    That or a disclaimer that it is highly unlikely that any will ever be actioned

• No Support No Support x 4
    • Support Support x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. AJZZ987

AJZZ987 Active Member

IGN:
    AJZZ987
    Its a minecraft server man.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Thanks captain obvious.

it’s also a business that quite a few people invest a lot of time and money in.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

No Support

5. luka

luka macdondalds Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    I really can't see anything positive that would come with closing the suggestion forums. If you have ideas or suggestions, put them in the forum. When the server is at a capacity to be able to go through suggestions, they are all here, documented, and ready for someone to go through.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    It’s more about avoiding the negativity that comes when players feel thier suggestions are being ignored. Which is what happens every time one of these posts are bumped.

I agree that suggestions will still arise and need to be captured and as I said in my suggestion, another option is to inform players that there is no one available in the near future to address any suggestions.

Lack of feedback has always been a source for unneeded frustration and aggro on this server.
    I don't know when staff last provided feedback on a server suggestion (in the capacity of staff).
    Today, some info from SB's past developer, Dexuby has made the situation clearer and maybe his comments could be pinned on the server suggestion forum so that all are aware.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
  7. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Yeah, I know not all players would look at it, but it could be linked to players when they question why their suggestions are not being looked at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    There is already a note, also.
    • Be patient, just because there is no reply from a developer doesn't mean it isn't being worked on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Yeah, but that’s currently not accurate as it suggests there is a developer who is potentially working on it. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. emil733

emil733 Member

IGN:
    emil733
    They act on some suggestions, the Leap Frog event head suggestion by Moray for example.

12. Surv

Surv Experienced Member

Full support

13. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Yeah, so the better option would be to inform players of the Dev situation to avoid unnecessary frustration/aggro.

14. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Interesting point, but I think that if the goal is to avoid negative feelings from people who feel ignored, flat-out closing the suggestions box would just add to the issue. Personally, I would rather have a place to voice suggestions and grievances and be told "we'll get to it when we get to it" instead of "We no longer want to hear the ideas of the community". Even if there is no designated staff member to implement them, this forum can still serve as a collection place for ideas, so future staff and devs may draw on them one day. In addition, sometimes it's just nice to put your ideas out there and see other players offer support or constructive criticism!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    I think its still a great idea to keep the thread open for new ideas it helps to bring the creative inspiration for new ideas in the future. No suggestion has happened overnight, when the server owner finds a suitable new teamember for suggestions, there logged ready to catch up on

• Agree Agree x 2