Global adjusting the mob merging

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by ace_, Apr 22, 2024.

1. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    basically what i was thinking is we could have a limit to where the mobs would merge for specific animals to not mess up farms, here's an example

if you had 24 cows close to each other they would merge into "[24x] Cow" and if you right click with wheat you get 12 babies. this could also use up 24 wheat if needed to be less overpowered.

you could adjust the list of mobs that do this or make them all like that.

credits to abbie for giving the inspo for this idea.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
    • Support Support x 1
  2. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Great suggestion though as I mentioned in the other thread, some mobs such as goats need to be separate else they don't work efficiently for farming horns. As one example.

If thy remained separate, until say ten have spawned, then they stack into one of them from there that could be a work around. Then there'd be 9 mobs that mean all charge and drop their own types of horns, with the rest merging into higher numbers. We had some screaming goats at one point which if kept separate would be breedable to gain new screaming goats. Me n mcaf even made a separate farm for them. But they simply merge with the rest of the goats that dropped horns, never to be seen again lol. There's 8 types of goat horn, having them Stay in their own types of horns when stacking would be better than bulk merging any more than 1 goat at a time.

For breeding quests this becomes hard because of the mob merging, likewise for other spawner animals. Sheep spawners no longer work well dye to coloured spawned sheep merging with whites and not regrowing wool anymore. So theyve been useless other than as a auto cook mutton /natural colour farms.

Mob merging definitely needs a rework, 1 year on into this update

3. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    thanks for the feedback

4. Zuzu

Zuzu Member

IGN:
    zuzusmith
    Support, I want to have more than one bee flying around in my big beehive for ambiance. Totally understand the rationale for mob stacking but would like my lonely-looking stack of bees to have a couple of friends :)

How about a max of 10 before stacking?

• Agree Agree x 1